I am Muntadhar AlZayer, a recent graduate from University of Colorado at Boulder I am currently looking for a position working with IT infrastructure for enterprises. Feel free to send me an email and check out my resume below.
VIEW MY RESUME
University of Colorado at Boulder
2014 - 2018
Computer Science, B.A.
Boulder, CO. USA
- Big Data Architecture
- > Gained experience in AWS Cloud Services such as: EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, and DynamoDB
- > Moody Query: Utilized Twitter Enterprise Search API and Big Data to color a map of the world based on the sentiment of tweets in the various countries
- Linux System Administration
- > We used two different virtualization technologies: VirtualBox for testing any changes before moving those changes to the production VMs which were hosted on VMWare vSphere hypervisor and was managed using the Flash Web Portal
- > Using CentOS, we were taught Linux System Administration and we were able to set up a DMZ network with: DNS, DHCP, FTP, and a webserver with a backup
- > I learned how to set up a secure multi-level firewall, populate DNS records, and utlilize virtualization in order to tackle multiple services
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- > We were taught common practices that will reinforce the security of the IT infrastructure
- > Also, we were familiriazed with common attacks that are conducted against the Availability, Integrity, and Confidentiality of institutions worldwide
- Software Development Methods and Tools
- > Forum for students to share their resources among each other
- > We used: Heroku, Microsoft Azure, and Agile method of development
Al-Hussan International High School
2012 - 2014
- Higher Level Computer Science
- > Gained experience in Java and Object-Oriented Programming early in my studies
Project Nur - University of Colorado at Boulder Chapter
Vice President, May 2016 - 2018
Project Nur aims to improve intercultural understanding through a civic approach as well as challenge the perception of a monolithic uniform Muslim community in the United States and abroad.
We worked to nullify negative stereotypes by creating dialogue among students and inviting high-profile speakers to campus.
Awarded International Student of the Year Award 2016 “In recognition of the outstanding contributions to promote international understanding on campus and in the community as a whole” - Office of International Education
Below are examples of the events we hosted on campus:
Vice President, January 2015 - 2016
Worked with International Students and Scholar Services (ISSS), Cultural Unity and Engagement
Center, and our student leadership to organize two weekly events, and a bi-weekly meeting aimed at
fostering an international community on campus.
These are the projects I have worked on during my time at CU Boulder:
Moody Query - ATLS4214 Big Data Architecture
We developed a Web-Application using Amazon Web Services, Twitter Enterprise Search API, and Flask.
The website would request a search term from the user then batches of the results are piped throughAWS Kinesis into AWS Lambda where the sentimental analysis library would be processed on the text of the tweet.
The tweet is then given a number in a range of -1
marking a bad attitude and 1
given to a positive attitude towards the search query.
These results then paint the various countries based on the sentiment of tweets towards the search term.
I was mainly responsible for the administrative tasks, and I coded up the sentimental analysis on the tweets with Python.
PythonAWSBig DataTwitter Enterprise APIGit
Happy Tracking - CSCI3002 User Centered Design & Development
The project we deveoloped is an example of an in-depth package tracker that would aggregate your packages across multiple third-party shippers to be effeciently tracked with Happy Tracker. It would also connect to your Amazon account and grab the packages from there, this saves you the headache of horrible package notifications and gives you the pleasure of in-depth push notifications.
This class was more focused on the UI experience of the end user so we had our classmates give us feedback everytime we make changes to our prototype.
The prototype below is made using Figma to get the feedback of the end user, and make changes quickly while a software is in the early stages of development
To get a good overview of the prototype i recommend following these steps:
- Click on the Happy Tracking to start
- Enter Manage Packages. This central management screen gives you access to information of your current and old packages
- Click "Present from Grandma". This gives you further detail into every package
- Track this package. This view shows you a map with tracking devices on the third-party trucks
Human Centered DevelopmentPrototyping & Feedback loopFigmaUser Interface
Homework Underground - CSCI3308 Software Dev Methods and Tools
This was my first experience with Agile development methodology and we aimed to create a forum for students to upload and share their resources.
We utilized PHP, HTML and CSS to code the front end of the application and the app was hosted on Heroku and Microsoft Azure.
This forum lacked the population of users, documents and activity in general.
PHPHTML & CSSFull Stack Web ApplicationStudent Forums